Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Where to go and what to do?

I'm in a bit of a hiatus at the moment. I'm in a job I don't particularly like and definately get absoloutely no job satisfaction out of, and where my supervisor is more concerned about punctuation than the fact that I am so obviously bored.

Don't get me wrong punctuation is very important and I try to be careful, but when I just can't bring myself to care, I get careless. What can you do?

punctuation
Very important stuff.

Yet I have plans that mean moving on right now wouldn't be the wisest of moves from a CV point of view, which leaves me kind of stuck here looking forward to being even more bored in the future.

I could cry and I wonder whether temping would be such a bad idea. At least I might have some letters to type or dicta phone to take every day, rather than just sitting here processing the odd query and filling out information on poxy forms.

I'm having a bad day.

3 comments:

Fi said...

Thanks Caoimhe and You too have my sympathies! There's nothing more frustrating than writers block when you have a deadline. Good luck with it!

KnackeredKaz said...

I was like you too Fiona for a while. Bored in work, not feeling challenged and definitely not appreciated. Following an illness I spoke to de boss and now have been moved to do other work (part time cos am still recuperating) some of which involves writing my opinion on things, which is SO much fun and MUCH more interesting than the stuff I was doing before. So maybe, if it's possible, speak to them at work and try to work out a way to make things more satisfactory for yourself? If that's not possible then log on to www.overheardindublin.com for a laugh. It won't help your work situation but it might cheers you up!

Fi said...

Good advice Kaz and thanks for the suggestion the only problem is that I have done that already about 6 months ago and while things have improved the basic problem of the work just not being stimulating or interesting in any way hasn't improved. So I've actually taken action and my CV is now out there! Apparantly I am an attractive proposition for employers!! Sounds a bit saucy and has definately raised my confidence!