Thursday, November 24, 2005

Severe Weather warning eh?

According to those in the know in we are going to get snow on friday....

I'm going to be sceptical about all of this and say I bet here in Dublin we get a small drop in temperature and some wind. We just don't get exciting weather here.

weather
This is the graphic from RTE's site for tomorrow. It doesn't look all that scary does it?

The thing is though in this crazy country we all (and I include myself in this) get very excited at the prospect of weather extreme's be it warm weather with sunshine or cold weather with snow! We then go abroad where people are used to it and fry or freeze depending on what is necessary. Oh yeah and lets not forget how the country just grinds to a stop once snow comes!

I've come to the conclusion we're all just soft and need to toughen up in the face of a bit of cold!

P.S I wonder have I tempted providence with my scepticism.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm tempting fate... and the possibility of being stuck at home due to snow. It would be difficult, but with enough smokes, booze and dvds, I reckon I could just about cope.

Eoin said...

Yes you're right, I've always thought that our attitude to weather is a hilarious example of Irish people's reckless enthuasiasm. I'm 24 and nearly every year that I can remember I've been horribly scorched by the sun. My hair goes white, my skin a deep red and I'm left feeling like I'm constantly reeling from a punch.
A couple of times, I've gone purple and the contrast between my white eyebrows and my face has reduced people to tears.
The thing is though I've been lucky enough to go abroad most years and have spent summers in the US. So after the burn, comes a lovely bronze complexion and the opportunity for three weeks of success in nightclubs. It's exactly those three weeks that I'm thinking about when I march onto the beach in the height of summer.
I'm good mates with Steve and Elke, they told me about your blog and I've enjoyed reading it recently.Feel free to check out my own, although I've noticed you're a fan of the Frames. Poor Glen comes in for a hard time on my site.

Fi said...

Yeah Gill's back!
Welcome Eoin I will certainly check out your blog and we can swop tales of Moose and Steve!