Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mario Rosenstock is a Genius

I always listen to Today FM on my walk into and home from work in the morning and evening. I'm a fan of the station, love their programming and talk shows and wouldn't have it any other way.

Most mornings you will find me on my route to work creased up with laughter at the antics of Bertie Ahern (our esteemed Taoiseach), Ronan Keating, Gerry Adams and my favourite the Boy Roy (Keane), on Gift Grub (the link is to Wikipedia's definition of gift grub).

This particular morning I didn't know whether to laugh (which of course I did) or cry (which I was close to doing). The Roy Keane leaving Manchester United story has been big news as we all know since last friday. I have to admit I was genuinely shocked when I heard he had left so abruptly as I really thought that at worst he would go in the January transfer window and at best in the summer. But in typical Roy style he leaves under a cloud of rumour, mystery and drama.

keane372
Rosenstock in I Keano playing Keane.

Gift Grub has been suspiciously quiet on the subject until this morning....

This morning it was an all time classic. Keane sang the Will Young song "I think I'd better leave right now" with his own words of course. When it appears on the web site I'll drop the nod if you haven't heard it already. I think it should be released for christmas to cheer up everyone! I'm still laughing!

No comments: