Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Utter Frustration

Unending road

You know when you look at where you are at a given moment and you think "Humph this is a bit crap" and then you look to the future and it occurs to you "Yeah there are possibilities out there I've just got to make them happen" and that thought cheers you up and you go back to your hum drum life and make some plans, and take some action.

Six months later you're back thinking "This is still crappy" and the possibilities are still out there but haven't come to any fruition yet. That's where I am right now.

I know the path I'm on I can see the end sign it just feels like I will never get there. I call it Frustration.

This Robert Frost poem keeps coming to mind at the moment.

The Road Not Taken


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I've always taken sustenance from this thought when I have decisions to make or like now when I am on a path and wondering did I take the right one.

4 comments:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

You are not alone
Even when you think you are all alone.

When all have been said and done.
We would be gone.

Let every step count.
From the first footprint to the paramount.
For at the peak of the mountain
There is a fountain.
The fountain of Living Water
The Living Water of our Comforter.

Jay said...

When I am feeling frustrated with my life, I find it much easier to kick my husband into taking some action, while sitting on my duff. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey chick,
love that poem. It's one of the few I can remember and many's the time I've repeated it to myself whilst at a point that you seem to be at right now. For what it's worth, I don't think you have much to kick yoursellf about as it always seems to me that you make the most out of life and really set out to put thoughts into actions. Worry less and put more time into counting down the days to your big travel adventure (which I really think should veer towards NYC at some point).
Btw, where did you get the pic? There's something about it that I really like, possibly because it reminds me of hobbits and stuff. :-)

Fi said...

Thanks for the kind words one and all. I hit a wall yesterday and will be bouncing sometime soon back to my usual self. It's better out than in I believe!
Hey Elks will send you the photo and a mail now! Take care hon