Monday, August 22, 2005

Food Conservatism

I have been pondering on the different levels of adventurousness that people exhibit when it comes to food this weekend.
Personally I'm a foodie, I love trying new food of all shapes and sizes be it with a face or without. I generally don't mind as long as it tastes good. I am also of the opinion that most things taste good apart from a very short list of food that I have tried but have failed to warm to. The list includes aparagus and caviar oh and artichoke.

asparagus
Yuck!

caviar
Double Yuck!

Everything else I will either suffer through or wolf down. Now I admit that I was not always as adventurous as I am now and I definately remember a time in my childhood when onions made me gag and I made my poor saintly mother sieve anything that might have "lumps" in it, specifically yoghurt. But I'm over that now and what's more since meeting me the Lovely Boy has also tried all varieties of new cuisine and also likes it! All is good.

Some people just aren't into being inquisitive or adventurous with food at all and it just puzzles me really. There is so much out there to be experienced why would you limit yourself to what you know? Well that's my thought for the day!

1 comment:

CozyMama said...

I love trying new food! I would love to be a food critic!! GET PAID TO EAT, what a rush! I like your blog. Thought I should check it out since I am of Irish Heritage. :)