Tuesday, August 16, 2005

An Action Packed Weekend

I am only just on the point of recovering from the weekend of excessive drinking and howling which I and my pack of friends indulged in. Hence no post yesterday as I could barely speak never mind formulate thoughts to put into words!

Princess Peaches arrived over from London with 2 realtively large backpacks to sustain her for her long weekend in Dublin. I counted a total of 5 outfits in the 3 days I saw her and 2 pairs of shoes which is probably not a lot for herself when I think about it. She stayed with me and the lovely boy friday and saturday and miraculously reduced her room to the status of kip within an hour of arriving! I love that girl she's mad bad and great to know!

So the plan for the weekend was to go Karaoke singing in Ukiyo at midnight with the aim of getting as pissed as possible before hand in order to make the pain of listening to each other sing be more acceptable! Here are some piccies from the booth...

image060.jpg
It looks like Beefor is getting intimate with Doyle Doyle but they have the T-shirt for that move already and were just staging a re-enactment for our titillation!

image058.jpg
This is the Princess strutting her stuff. Beware!

All in all it was a night packed with good humour and hilarity and I would definately recommend it to one and all as an option for a different sort of night.

On saturday we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as we figured more alcohol would probable kill us. I'll give my views on the film elsewhere. But it was a fun evening and the darkness of the cinema was a great blessing in our time of need.

On saturday Doyle Doyle rustled up a roast chicken and all the trimmings for everyone and it was delicious! More alcohol was consumed and Princess insisted that we watch Eddie Murphy Raw. It was funny for about 10 mins and then the tutting started and the glancing to check was anyone else being amused. After that came the accusations and it was eventually turned off. I've seen Eddie Murphy performing stand up while being in the company of lads and its definately more palatible with men around for some reason. Needless to say the girlies weren't impressed and I count myself in their number! Dirty Dancing would have been more on our level that night!

All in all it was a brilliantly fun weekend and it reinforced how much we miss the Princess on a day to day level! But we'll enjoy her company whenever we can get it!

No comments: