Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sometimes I wished I still smoked

no smoking

Sometimes I really do wish that I still had this dirty disgusting not to mention expensive habit. Why? Because of the extra time away from your desk that you are allowed to get away with. Us non smokers are complete mugs you know. I went for a wander a few minutes ago just to stretch my legs and go to the loo before I actually fell asleep sitting at my desk, and I came across a group of about 10 people all hanging outside the back door of the building basking in the beautiful summer sunshine and heat, puffing away and gossiping. I was overcome with 2 emotions. One overwhelming hatred and secondly I was saturated with longing.

I really don't want to be a smoker again I am much better off on so many levels without the habit but I do want to be able to stand or sit in the sunshine whenever I want like all the smokers do. We really are a pack of idiots us non smokers. We should demand equal amounts of doss time that the smokers get. They get paid to do feck all and kill themselves slowly. I get paid work (and blog heh heh) but thats it.

I think there should be some sort of system that whatever amount of time the smokers spend smoking when they should be working the non smokers should get time in lieu and maybe get to leave earlier. Alternatively I could just go stand outside in the middle of them to make my point. I wonder how that would go down???

No comments: