Friday, August 19, 2005

I'll give you a laugh at my expense!

I received a call today from Mr. Q who is the financial director of the company I work for. I have no real dealings with his department and apart from a friendly Hullo whenever we meet, there really is no need for me to have any interaction with this sixty year old man. So the phone call today came as a bit of a surprise and I was even more surprised when he asked me to come to his office to see him.

So up I get and stick my head round his door fully expecting him to say he had made a mistake and actually wanted to see someone else. Instead he was sitting there looking sheepish and grinning at me. So I said hi and he said hi and then he asked me who Lovely Boy (insert real name here) is. I replied he was my boyfriend, I was beginning to get very suspicious at this stage so I asked why.

Here goes deep breath... I had sent an email to the boy stating "I love you loads" it had somehow ended up in Mr. Q's mailbox. How? I have no idea. Embarrasment factor? Massive.

I turned a lovely shade of purple and burst out laughing. Whereby he started laughing so all I could do was look him in the eye and let him down gently with a "Timmy I'm sorry but I'm not actually in love with you!" Oh the shame. That'll teach me to send random emails without checking the address bar at least 6 times!

Hope this story of my humiliation has given you a giggle. I'm still alternating between laughing and turning an unattractive shade of peuce!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fi said...

Grrr feck off spamsters you are not welcome here

Red Mum said...

oh no, email can be dangerous, very dangerous.

But so can texts, I received one from a work colleague to say he would be five mins late and he signed it XX.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and enjoy it! I'm a foodie too (but I LOVE asparagus) and also have the blog initials FI!

My ex-husband used to do a perfect imitation of the Chief Justice of the Court where I worked as a research attorney. The Ex would call me at the office and say something outrageous in that voice, and I'd play along, equally outrageous. Still, I was terrified the whole time that one day it might actually be the Chief having an irrational moment and I'd be run out of the building by the bailiffs. It wasn't until that Chief retired that I could truly relax.