Friday, July 01, 2005

TGIF!!

Yipppeee its the weekend!

We went to see War of the Worlds last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it! I was on the edge of the seat for the whole film with my hand in my mouth to stop myself from becoming too vocal! It was great! The level of tension and fear generated in the movie is excellent and considering how easy it is to be cynical about these types of stories it was very easy for me to be completely sucked into the "We're all going to DIE!" mentality!
It's always great when a movie hits the right mark and despite the whole TomandKatie pre moviewhatthefuckisthematterwithhim stuff the film stands up on its own.
Tonight its Batman Begins which from all accounts sounds like its a fairly good movie! I wonder will it live up to the rollercoaster that was War of the Worlds though??
I used to love the Batman cartoons when I was younger there such an element of darkness to them and they were so story driven it was hard not to get hooked on them! I've heard that this round of Batman movies have returned to that root, which does give me hope! Considering just how bad Batman 2 & 3 were there is definately room for improvement!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Ah so War of the Worlds isn't too bad.

I've been extremely sceptical since Tom Cruise lost the plot. Totally.