Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Saga of the Search for the Perfect Bra

I seem to spend a vast amount of precious shopping time on the hunt for the perfect bra! If I'm not looking for a specific shaped bra, whether it is backless, clear strapped, low cut orplunge to suit a particular outfit, I'm discovering that yet again my bussoms have changed size!

Since my early 20's I have gone from sporting a very pettite A cup to as it stands pretty substantial D cup. Goodie you might think the amazing expanding chest does exist! However I beg to differ...

The rapid and spontaneous changing bussoms are a bane of my life. I am constantly having to expose myself to the rough hands and cold measuring tapes of bra fitters in drafty changing rooms. I hate this process. I hate seeing myself in 3 way mirrors and I absoloutely hate old women pawing at me. If they were attractive and young then at least I could provide the LB with some food for thought, but generally the reality is embarrasing and uncomfortable.

But yet again yesterday evening I found myself in Marks & Spencers trawling through rails of Mulitway bras searching a) for my newly updated bra size and b) for the appropriate shape and fit of bra to suit my lovely new dress, which I plan to wear to my friend's wedding on Thursday. It was as usual a demoralising and depressing experience and after about an hour of holding back the tears I picked what I hoped would be the perfect bra.

Before you read on - None of these pictures are of me, they are the official photos from the M&S website so don't get too excited!

bra 1

This is bra No. 1 which was the best of the million I tried on.


bra 2


This is bra 2 an unmitigated disaster on me for some strange reason.


bra 3

This is the one I wanted but which for some reason just made me look like a mutant!

Now none of these offerings are particularly sexy or attractive. In fact functional is the word I would apply to them. Searching for a pretty mutli way bra is no way zone it seems and did add to my frustration. Therefore in the end I had to setttle and hope that what I picked would be appropriate and more importantly would stay out of view. So I brought bra No. 1 home and thankfully it fits inside my dress (just) and the straps can't be seen where they shouldn't and so this time I don't have to return it!

And so my recent saga of the search for the perfect bra is over, for now. But no doubt I will be back in the same position within another few weeks and when it happens I might as well share it with the world!

1 comment:

Big D said...

This facinates me, but I'm a guy. I placed a comment on your how to change background post. Maybe it will help.