Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Come back Mr. Sunshine

Mr Sun is hiding behind some hazy clouds today but as I write is making a brave attempt to break through and warm this fair city once again! I know I'm harping on this weather thing but its the main topic of conversation everywhere I go and you just have to revel in the heat whenever it arrives. Remeber this is Dublin and the country is Ireland and it is located on the Atalntic seaboard and the rain hits us first before dissipating over England leaving mainland Europe basking in the sunshine (Bastards).

Speaking of mainland Europe I will be there myself in about 2 weeks time and am now allowing myself to get all excited about my holliers! They've been booked for months but I never think about going anywhere until close to the time, otherwise I'd wear myself out with the excitement. This year we are going to Brussels! I know its not exactly the Costa del Sol but all the reports I've heard about the city have been very positive and I was personally sold on the reports of fine dining and excellent beer, so I'm happy enough.

Last year we spent a week in Berlin which was fantastic! Its a great city and although it was my second time there it wasn't in the slightest bit boring. Its a huge place for a start and there is so much history on every street its cool just to kick back sit in a cafe and take it all in. We also hit Amsterdam and Oslo last year on weekend breaks. God bless low flight no frills airlines its so cool to be only 3 hours away from amazing fresh places to see and investigate a definate perk of living in Ireland!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You are extremely lucky to be living over there with the rest of Europe just a couple of hours away.

I live on a lump of land too small to be a continent, too large to be an island in the middle of nowhere.

Anonymous said...

Give us back the Sunshine!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell that to the weather gods to remind them what they're supposed to be doing - our bit of Bavaria (just north of the Alps)is disappearing under Noah-like rainfall and floods!