Thursday, July 14, 2005

A new route home

The new Sean O'Casey pedestrian bridge had its grand unveiling yesterday evening and I was witness to it as I plodded on my course home!

image026.jpg

This is the bridge complete with important people walking across it at about 5.20pm yesterday. I had become bored watching the silly prancing people running up and down the bridge in some kind of dancing show and had walked over the bridge further down. By the time I had walked around I was able to witness the first official crossers of the bridge!

image003.jpg

This is my maiden journey across said bridge this morning.

Now you're probably wondering why in God's name I am blogging about the opening of a bridge in Dublin, I can understand that most people really couldn't give a damn. But you see this bridge is very important to me. And there's a story about it so I hope you're sitting comfortably.

You see in my last job in the Yuckiest Bank in the country (I'd love to name and shame them but I had better not) I worked with a most horrible and irritating person, let's call her Niamh. Niamh was a very unhappy person. She also liked to spread her misery.

Now I admit that I can be easily irritated at times, but I recognise this fault in myself and I try very hard to see the good in people so that when I feel irritated I can put myself in a better frame of mind. I worked with this creature Niamh for 18 months I can say with all honesty that despite my best efforts she had no redeeming features. She seemed to suck all the light out of the room and all of the pleasure out of the small things in life. She was constantly belittling me and she just made me feel bad. I was glad when I no longer had to work with her. BUT just when I thought I would never have to see her skinny pointy miserable little face again she pops up on my route home every evening. It's feckin torture. I have done all I can over the last few months to avoid her and its been exhausting. However with the opening of this new bridge it now means that it is highly unlikely I will bump into her anymore and it saves about 5 minutes off my journey to and from work every day! Yippppeeeee! And so that is why I have blogged about the opening of the Sean O'Casey bridge in Dublin. Thank you for listening.

1 comment:

SOL said...

That is a beautiful bridge if ever I saw one.