Monday, June 13, 2005

Waiting Anxiously

I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for there fecking exam results the law society just can't be trusted with their date of the end of June so for all I know they could be sitting at home in my post box for me right now....
I think I have another migraine as well which is making me even grumpier not to mention nauseous. I'm sort of hoping that its just nerves and isn't actually a migraine because 2 in 2 weeks seems a little excessive.
I see from the news today that the excavations are starting pn the Tara valley already thats probably another reason for my bad news.
Also the apparant failure of McDowells Cafe bar licensing proposals I feel is more bad news . I was looking forward to the introduction of civilised eating and watering holes to be honest. Not least because I'm a light weight and having food close by would mean I wouldn't get as drunk as quickly (yes I would eat if food was available simply because I like eating better than drinking!) but also because I personally enjoy the social aspect of eating and enjoying a few drinks with people rather than just sinking pints in a bar until I fall over.
Mind you no doubt the PDs will not be impressed by the Fianna Fail back bench uprising in relation to this little matter and that fact combined with the recent poor showing in the polls for FF does not auger well for them at the moment. All we need is one little push and I'm convinced we'll be looking at an early election. I wonder will Bertie be able to continue to hang on until things stabilise again... The problem there is that he hasn't really been all that secure since the last local elections and hasn't really convinced people that he can change the governments position either...

No comments: