Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Crappy weather

It pissed out of the heavens this morning from between 7.30 am (thats when I woke up) to 9.00 a.m i.e the time that I walk to work every morning. As a result I was drenched to my knickers. I could handle this on a normal day as I am usually super prepared and bring work clothes in a seperate bag to work and wear a tracksuit bottoms and T-shirt to walk into work. However last night at rugby it also pissed out of the heavens and not only did we loose I and my back pack also got very wet. Therefore this morning I had no bag to carry dry clothes in. Therefore I got wet and stayed wet until roughly half an hour ago when I finally dried out.

As I was walking in the thundering downpour this morning I mused on the fact that on the other side of the world This Girl was contemplating waging war on silly people watering their lawns and the foot path at the same time. In all fairness this thought cheered me up!

As you may have gathered the game last night was a miserable affair and one out of which I personally emerged crippled and in agony for most of the night. We had a new "team mate" last night drafted in as Surly our valiant player/coach is injured. The man played with London Irish there is no doubt he can play rugby he just forgot that this was social grade tag rugby and barrelled into everyone in his way with head down and shoulder up. He hit me square in the back and it feckin hurts. A lot. And I was on his side. I'm beginning not to like this game anymore...

2 comments:

Jay said...

Glad to have cheered you a little, but all the same, I hope sunshine prevails.

Anonymous said...

Oh the weather has been something else lately, I was luckyish and managed to miss most of the showers.

I'm enjoying your blog, someone was commented to me that it becomes addictive and I am starting to see that!