Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Glorious Victory in a Bruising Encounter

I think I'm beginning to sound a bit like a jock, but this tag rugby league is so much fun! Especially because we continue to beat all those around us! It was a glorious victory last night with us coming out 14 points on top of our rivals. The victory was made all the sweeter by the fact that yours truly scored 2 TRYS!!!
I'm very proud of my achievement and the second try in particular I'm told was a beauty! I can't remember myself I was pumped up and running on pure adrenalin. You see it was a bit of dirty game last night. Our opposition didn't seem to understand the concept of Non Contact - I personnally was shouldered around the pitch on at least 4 occassions. However I made my feelings perfectly clear i.e. that to touch me was to lose a limb - and that partiuclar practice came to an end pretty quickly! However some of our men folk took some very heavy hits and we could be in trouble with injuries next week, which would be a disaster as we don't have enough boys to play on our team anyway.
To be honest looking back on it I can't belive just how competitive and driven I became. I can't ever remember being that focused before, not even in school when I played a lot more field sports. Its kind of scary in one way I didn't really recognise myself...
However the buzz has been great in work all day our lady captain/my work colleague is a happy camper so there have been no psychotic episodes today!
On other news I was informed that the law society results won't be available until the end of June early July - so those butterflys can feck off until then!
I have collected the course material for the next set already so the reality is I just need to get stuck into it and hope that the last lot went to plan!

No comments: