Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Various Rants

I haven't had a chance to come and rant here all day today until now and I only have a limited amount of time now that I am here so I'll have to make my contribution for today shrink to fit!
On the up side I only met 4 Gobshites on the road this weekend and I take it from the news that there was a significant decrease in accidents this weekend which is great news for everyone and long may it continue.
Mayo is beautiful if you are thinking of visiting! We stayed in a lovely B&B which was smothered in bric a brac and dust catching objects of all varieties! Tack central if you like and was run by an English woman (we named her Hyacinth) and her Husband (otherwise known to us as The Bitch as he was one well whipped man!). In all fairness to the pair the Full Irish on both mornings was the best I've ever had - as a result the choccie biccies on friday are now irrelevant as the weighing scales will now have to deal with fatty frys as well!
However we did scale the heights of Croagh Patrick on Sunday so I'm hoping that that act of extreme activity will balance out all the wonerful food and drink I consumed...
Oh if you ever meet anyone who tells you they have climbed Croagh Patrick barefoot please give them a slap from me. They are either lying or mad and if they are one or the other they will either deserve the slap or not notice that it has been dealt to them in the first place. Its hard going and I will certainly look upon all of the more ancient pilgrims who scale its rocky summit with renewed respect and wonder cause I barely made it!
I have loads of thoughts in my head about recent news worthy items of the last few weeks but as I am pushed for time today I think I'll leave my thoughts where they are for the mo and address them when I have more time!
Sorry for lack of pictures again we have a distinct lack of access to digital technology which is a shame because we were in some of the most scenic places in this country at the weekend. The drive from Louisburgh to Lenaune is spectacular and shouldn't be missed if you are in that part of the world.
Well I gotta buzz off now and pick up my course books for the next instalment in the track to Blackhall place. The results from the last set of exams are due any day now according to my bat sense so I will of course the world know if I was successful and it I'm not my silence will speak volumes on the matter...
I also have the third game in our tag rugby league tonight so fingers crossed its another successful venture otherwise I fear for the sanity of my very competitive and slightly psychotic Captain - and work colleague - who is doing a complete Jekell and Hyde whenever a game approaches. She goes from being very mild mannered quietly spoken slight walkover to super charged psycho and its not pretty...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

"Gobshites"!! Have to remember that term..

Fi said...

Its a good old fashioned Irish one that can be applied regardles of age race or religion! Feel free to use it liberally!