Monday, May 09, 2005

Interesting Developments

I got a mail this morning from one of the editors of sigla with the scary information that people having been linking from this site to their!. This I did not expect I mean who in God's name would seriously be interested in reading this crap?
Anyway do go visit Sigla Mag http://siglamag.com its a great site and has kept me sane when boredom threatened to strike me down on many occasions in the last 6 months! So if nothing else at least your encounter with me might have that one positive experience!
On another note the weekend was lovely I went home and got drunk with my father on Friday night! I had no intention of being as good as the plan I outlined on Friday and knew that there would be lots of wine consumed by one and all! The good news is that the hangover while present was not completely debilitating so I made it to the Bog Train!!!! Yeah I know you don't have to say it! But it was grand! Really! We were both pretty tired so chugging along the bog in a little 3' gauge locomotive looking at the wild life wasn't the worst way to spend an afternoon! Having been brought up surrounded by bog it was nothing new for me but it was interesting to see the plans that Bord Na Mona have for the land that has been completely cut away by the harvesting of the peat. They are going to return it to the type of marsh land which originally existed there thousands of years ago and it looks great! Very primordial with huge rushes and lots of wild life! They are also replanting lots of hard wood trees as well which while only a small thing at least its better than nothing!

No comments: