Monday, September 12, 2005

The Quiet Life

For obvious reasons which I am not about to outline once again this weekend was a relatively quiet one. However I did let the hair down a little on Friday night when I met les bitches for
tapas and a few bevvies. Naturally I had no intentions of staying out for long, but as usual good intentions mean nothing when faced with good company and no text books so I managed to consume more beer and take longer about it then was probably wise! Still life remains short and if you can't meet you mates and get pissed every now and again then what's the point of anything?!

The rest of the weekend was a strange combination of study and cricket!! I know it surprised me as well!
Shane Warne
Shane Warne

The boy had been watching The Ashes for the past few days and as its a relatively quiet sport and my head was thumping saturday morning I sat with him to have a cuddle and a snooze. Instead I found myself asking penetrating (forgive me, I need to make myself feel good about this somehow!) questions about the game. My Dad had explained the basics to me years ago about overs and wickets and LBW's and what have you but this weekend I had a tutorial on the finer points of the game! It's surprising how interesting it is when you're hungover! After I felt sufficiently regenerated to hit the books I kept the game on in the background to keep an eye on the score. I think that my initial fears some weeks ago about the state of my mind and mental health really has foundation in my strange behaviour recently.

On the other hand Cork's victory over Galway on Sunday was a completely different ball game (har har!)
Cork
Don't you just love hurling?
BML 00185793
Best game in the world and even though my county are far from inspiring at the moment there is a joy in watching the All Ireland regardless. It's a pity Galway couldn't have lead Cork at any stage as that would have made for a more exciting game, but as it stood Cork were masterful and were deserving winners on the day.

No comments: