Friday, December 02, 2005

Small Girls, Big Bags...

I'm realtively small compared to most people these days, which makes buying trousers a pain in the posterior and has meant that I have learned how to hem to save myself a small fortune on tailors!

However there is one thing in particular I really just have to grin and bear, and work around as best as possible and that's rucksacks.

Backpack%20Girl

Today I carried a huge one in from home, in the rain. It's full of christmas gifts for the family that I have decided to transfer back to the parent's house now rather than having to lugg them onto a packed train 2 days before Christmas. Clever me eh? However the trek nearly killed me this morning, I had to use the biggest bag I had today to fit everything into it properly. It's at least 2/3 the height of me! Ah well at least I'll have that job done!

3 comments:

Paige A Harrison said...

Maybe if you've been good, Santa will bring you your very own Nepalese sherpa!

Patry Francis said...

Yes, but you don't know how hard it is on us tall girls. Tailors can hem your pants, but can't do a thing for the ones that are too short for me!

Fi said...

Now I have to say I really like the idea of my own personal sherpa and that has been put top of my santa list this year, thanks for the suggestion Paige!

Also I have absoloutely no symapthy for tall women, they get to look elegant and graceful effortlessly while I look like a spud!