Friday, December 16, 2005

The Great Light Off

Every year from the beginning of October to the middle of January the houses in our area are bedecked and adorned with all manner of crazy decorations, from pumpkins and witches to santies and reindeers.

There are 2 houses in particular on my street that seem to outdo each other every year. The fact that they are directly opposite each other adds extra fun to the proceedings, which I like to refer to as the Great Light Off.

fi014.jpg

Last year house no. 1 put up a sizeable amount of tacky lights and ornaments all over the facade of the house. House no.2 then waded in with twice as much crap and so it continued in a tit for tat fashion until finally there wasn't an inch of space on either house and santa was even parachuting off the telephone wire. I think my favourite pieces of tack had to be the giant 6 foot blow up snowmen in the front of house no.2, I don't honestly know how the inhabitants got past them to enter by the front door!

fi015.jpg

This year we are once again witnessing the Great Light Off, the snowmen haven' t been produced yet, but I live in hope.

No comments: