Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In my opinion

I feel I've been a little off my game recently, which is due to various different reasons, some discussed here and others pointedly ignored!

This blogging game can be a little exhausting after a while. You feel obliged to be funny and interesting and readable on a regular if not a daily basis, and there have been plenty of days recently when none of that has appealed to me. It has occurred to me that it might be easier to have a blog with a dedicated theme like United Irelander at least there he knows what his boundaries are! Here, because this site is dedicated to my inane ramblings I get to throw a bit of everything at it, with no real structure to anything that I'm doing. It's probably a good indication of how I approach life. And I find that pretty frustrating at times as well!

I would love to say that I have now come up with a theme or a structure for this blog, but I haven't. Instead I have decided to tackle the stuff in my life that is frustrating me. The wheels are now in motion and I hope, all fingers and toes crossed, that I will soon be more fulfilled.

Also the exam results should be out in the next 2 weeks and with a bit of luck that chapter will also be closed as well. Oh how I long for closure on that one!

9 comments:

JL Pagano said...

Don't forget that not having a theme can, in itself, be a refreshing theme.

I doubt there are many who come here regularly who will argue that you are doing just fine and that there's no need to change a thing.

Fi said...

Thanks guys, I wasn't fishing for compliments honestly!
But you've got me thinking C, the tudor Ireland thing could be a bit of fun... leave it with me!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with the other two––so what if it doesn't have a theme? I have fun reading it anyway, and whatever you want to write about, just write. I never feel any pressure to blog regularly or anything, I just do it when I feel like it, and that's enough, for me at least. Good luck with the results!

Later,

Steve

United Irelander said...

Fi, I like your blog because it doesn't have boundaries and you don't know what to expect.

Sometimes having a general theme like my blog can be very restricting as I tend to feel obligated to post on a certain political event that's in the news.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing great. ;)

Fi said...

Ok so I won't go for a theme but maybe I won't post quite so often. The problem with that is that I enjoy the writing part it's just coming up with stuff to say is where I'm beginning to get stuck. I have thereby concluded that while blogging can be difficult it is also addictive!

Paige A Harrison said...

Fi,
I realise you weren't fishing, but I have to say you do a mighty good job and are a source of inspiration to me. Thanks for the kind and pertinent comments on my recent post.

There are enough boundaries placed on all aspects of our lives so we shouldn't impose any more.

If you enjoy writing but struggle for the subject matter, perhaps you could call out to fellow bloggers for topics. I did this on my first blog and I've gotten a few gems. It gives me something concrete to work on.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the lads Fi, your blog is grand as it is.

I also thought about this a lot and wondered if I should only focus on one of my interests or what, but eff it. The blog is what it is, it reflects who I am and what I am interested in so i'll basically post whatever drivel grabs my attention that day. If people like it then great, if not that's life.
Same applies to your blog I reckon. :)

Fi said...

D'you know Paige that's really nice of you thanks and for the record I think you're doing a great job on your blog too!

Also Maca glad to hear I'm not the only one who ponders these things!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, I'm fairly new to the blogging stuff and already I've struggled with this. For what it's worth your blog doesn't suffer in the slightest for your lack of a specific theme, as a matter of fact I love that it's all about everything and nothing in particular. If you ask me, that in itself is rare :)