Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hard Lessons Learned

1. Budweiser and Budvar are not the same drink.

The girlies and I hit the town last night with a vengenance. I am alive this morning but in great need of more sleep and antiacids! We ate in the Dandelion Café and the food was lovely but the waiting staff were a bit weird. I was discussing this with a colleague in work this morning and she said that she had heard something similar so at I don't feel too bad about saying it here.
The waitress was very bubbly and friendly but seriously didn't have a word of English. Trying to order the beer turned into a bit of a pantomime, us going 4 Budvar please, her reply 4 vodka? No, Budvar please, etc etc. In the end Bex resorted to Budweiser which was understood, but we had to dispatch her off to correct the order after a very ernest discussion about how they were definately not the same drink! We got the right ones in the end, but what an effort!


fi013.jpg

2. Computer programmers are very hospitable.
We completed our night in a private members club after being begged by one of the girls, boy to please come and double the female to male ratio at the party. There was free booze so of course we went! It was Margarita's for me all night.

margarita

3. Margarita's taste lovely on the way down but repeat on you all the next day.
Uuuurrrrrgggghhhh. I feel yucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fi!
Glad to see you're warning the masses about the dangers of Margarita's as they taste fab but are evil!!! Taken a whole day to recover from 2 or 3 (see I can't even remember how many I had exactly!!!)

Fi said...

Hello there! I know I still feel wrecked I think old age has something to do with that too!