Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tá sé críochnaithe

I sat my final written exam this morning, in and out in 45 minutes I was! Couldn't get out of there fast enough! The exam is really not even a test and even though the translation piece from Gaeilge to English was one I had never seen beforefrom Fiche Blian ag Fás, I made a stab at it anyway! All I know is the kid was dead excited about going mackeral fishing!

mackerel

So now I guess I am finally finished, excepting the 3 minute agallamh (interview) tomorrow that is, and I'm laughing!

I will also turn 28 tomorrow which is no laughing matter. I wouldn't mind but I have an application in with the powers that be to allow me to stay 24 forever. But d'ya think they've got round to processing it yet? Nah, can't be bothered was the explanation I got, when I queried the delay, the cheek of them, you'd know time meant nothing to that lot wouldn't you?!

Ah well I guess I'll just have to keep pretending that age doesn't matter, keep focusing on the 5 year plan I made when I was 25 and life began to get serious, and keep ignoring those grey hairs that wave at me when I'm in the bathroom in work where there is just far too much of that harsh natural light, that is until one of my friends kindly take me aside and tell me truth, and I know they will, some day, soon...

On the upside I have the rest of the day off and tomorrow and will be heading homewards bound to see the Rents again and to celebrate my oldness with them, who are lets be fair still much older than me! I will then return to Dublin at some stage next week get horribly drunk with my friends, and all will be as it should be once more!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comhgairdeas - breithlá agus scrúdaithe criochnaithe!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for the today!

JL Pagano said...

Happy birthday Trix have a good un!

Paige A Harrison said...

Breithla mhaith a chairde bhlog.

United Irelander said...

An-mhaith!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Fi. :)

Fi said...

Thanks for you kind words everyone me and my grey hair had a lovely weekend and now I can relax and enjoy not having any more monkeys on my back!