Friday, January 27, 2006

Euro 2008

Thankfully we've avoided England in the draw I know some people were salivating at the prospect of playing them but personally I found the thought of God save the Queen being belted out at Croke Park really distasteful.

However it's not the worst draw out there though I don't fancy our chances much with both Germany and Czech Republic in our group. When did Germany and Italybecome a second bucket team and Sweden and Greece a first? 'Tis a crazy world!

The link should bring you to the full list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to hear it next year when England play Ireland in the 6 Nations at Croker.

Fi said...

Mmm that's true I suppose but I have less of a problem with English Rugby fans than I do with English soccer fans. I would still prefer if they didn't sing it at all though, it'll stick in my craw I'm afraid.