Thursday, January 19, 2006

Affairs of the Heart

I've been pfaffing around all morning, working, laughing, chatting, you know the usual stuff, with half a thought on what I could blog about today as I didn't wake up with an idea or become inspired by anything on the way to work this morning. I was beginning to wonder if I was developing Bloggers Block because absoloutely nothing was occuring to me, which is very unusual for me. But one of the more positive aspects of this blogging business for me has been that I am beginning to get to know myself better. When I am concerned or worried about something I ignore it and leave it to float around in the back of my mind while I get on with stuff and try not to think about it. However this means I prevent myself from thinking about anything and thus the block.

Today it occurred to me that I was blocked because there was something that I wasn't addressing and that this time it's the uncomfortable topic of heart disease.

You see over christmas a close family member that I am extremely fond of and close to ended up in hospital for the second time in 2 years with heart trouble. Not a heart attack but they're getting there if you know what I mean.

Recently another very important person in my life also recently told me that they are high on the possibility list for developing heart disease, and medication is nearly a certainty at this stage.

Today another person who is important to me is having an angiogram performed on them to look for potential blockages. Thankfully I've just heard, in the course of writing this post, that all is well and there will be no need for surgery, but there will be need for medication more than likely.

All of these people are about the same age. They are active and love life and I love them. Nothing bad has happend, which I thank God for, but it's made me realise that that is not always going to be the case. I don't like this thought.

1 comment:

Fi said...

Hi Mickey Welcome to the blogosphere!
I hear what you're saying and I guess we all have to face it at some stage as it's part of the cycle!
Good luck with your blog by the way!