Monday, January 16, 2006

Persistent Pedestrians

On my little trot to work this morning I was plugged into Today FM as per usual and was pondering my options for posts today and my life in general, as you do on a Monday morning, until I reached the Sean O'Casey bridge, which (for the uninitiated) is a brand new pedestrian only access bridge across the River Liffey in Dublin and which links the IFSC to the south side. It's dead handy for me and I use it all the time. So I was a little put out this morning when I reached the bridge and found that the gates were closed, but mysteriously there were people on it. As I approached I noticed that some very brave and resilient characters were scaling the closed gates and hoping onto the bridge and continuing to cross as if this was the way it always is. I declined this option and took the long way round, cause I'm not that brave! Besides knowing my luck it would be actually broken and I would be the won to fall into the murky depths of the Liffey if I had tried to hop the gate.

This is the picture I took at the south side end of the bridge, I just managed to catch the last of the gymnists before the "men" closed the barricades properly!

fi006.jpg

I think this came out a lot better than I intended although it looks better on the bigger size so click through to enlarge!

2 comments:

Greg Finnegan said...

Beautiful, and good judgment, too. I like the sweep of the Ha'penny Bridge myself. Is that far out of your way?

Fi said...

The Ha'penny is about half a mile from the Sean O'Casey and wouldn't serve my purposes at the moment! But is a beautiful bridge. I'm quite found of the Millenium and Sean O'Casey as well I think they definately enhance the city!