Monday, February 13, 2006

Spit on Couples Day

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20156178@N00/99372241/" title="Photo Sharing">http://static.flickr.com/28/99372241_e66ec9a957_o.jpg" width="99" height="99" alt="cupid" />

When I was in college my friend Beefor used to abhor this day of love and affection, the Hallmark holiday of Valentine's day, and as a result he dubbed it "Spit on Couples" Day, if fact I'm almost sure that he did actually spit on couples on February 14th, but would have to corroborate that with my other bitches, before I could be absoloutley sure!

Anyway I have to say that I agree with the sentiment. I hate Valentine's day. I find it cynical, expensive, in poor taste, and oh yes pathetic. If the highlight of your romance is to squeeze yourself into an over booked over priced restaurant once a year, with some half dead unbelieveably expensive non smelling roses under your oxter then you really need to re-evaluate your relationship. I have done it and can say with some authority that I've never enjoyed the experience.

As a result tomorrow night I will be going to the gym, cooking bangers and mash and watching TV tomorrow night, as normal. And I'll be with the man of my dreams. I definatley don't need a stupid card or anything to make me feel romantic towards him!

No comments: