Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happiness is...

I was a bit of an old misery bag earlier today due to having an almighty tummy ache last night which left me feeling tired and emotional ( I have since found out that I have an infected stomach. Yuck.) But anyway as a result of the pain and the misery I had one of those mornings in which the slightest thing threatened at worst to shove me over the age into absoloute abject misery or at best make me cry. Not good.

So to cheer myself up I made a list of all the things taht were positive in my life, all the things I have to look forward to and all the reasons why everything wasn't s bad as it seemed just now, and that helped a little. I then went out in the rain to a local book shop and picked up a book which gives tips and advice to travellers which gave me a warmish feeling inside as I flicked through it and dreamed of places I want to go and see.

But the real restoration of my spirits came when I wandered into Butlers Chocolate Café and purchased happiness in a cup. A low fat Mocha. So much yumminess and happiness in one purchase! I need never feel blue again! I've found my salvation! Although I'm not too sure it was the best thing to have with an infected belly it sure did make me smile!

No comments: