Friday, June 30, 2006

Escaping into fantasy

lake

As previously stated the prospect of the reunion of Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock on the silver screen proved far too tempting for me to ignore this week and so I escaped into fantasy land and left any logic I possess at the door. Now whether it is my current altered state or just the fact that I'm a sucker for a crappy romantic movie all I can tell you is that I loved this film! My review is on the other page over there if you want to check it out.

I also recently (finally) read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (review also on other page) and it struck me as I was writing out my little pieces that I really have been escaping into fantasy recently. I haven't given myself up to silliness or indulged myself in escapism in a very long time and I had forgotten how much fun it is. It's also extremely relaxing to just go with a story and believe in it even if the logical part of your brain is screaming for reason!

I have also rediscovered that the art of knitting is another excellent method of escapism and relaxation!

I am currently creating a blanket for Peanut's pram (that would be Elke and Steve's peanut) and while it is going to be a gift it has also become a rather excellent way for me to control my recently peaking levels of anxiety!

" />
Peanut's Blanket.

So there you go folks if like me you feel the world is getting you down, give up on reality, become a recluse and start knitting! You'll feel better in a matter of a few short weeks! Honest.

No comments: