Monday, April 03, 2006

Freedom!

We bought a car a couple of weeks ago and it's just bliss!

I've wanted to own my very own car ever since I can remember but circumstances have always made it -well the best word to use is - unnecessary. And it's bothered me a little over the years, as I always saw myself as being a car owner first and foremost when I was little and tried to see what the future held for me! I was completely obsessed with driving when I was a kid as well to the point where I used to insist on sitting on the armrest in the back seat of the car and "pretending" to drive! This involved using my feet on imaginary pedals, shifting the imaginary gears whenever the parent did, holding an imaginary steering wheel (properly mind none of this random wheel turning for me!), checking mirrors the works! I reckon I knew the theory behind driving inside out by age 5!

And here I am 28 flippin years old and only now have I got my first car, little me would have been disgusted!

focus
This is very like my car!


I love my car! It's a 99 Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia. It's got all the bells and whistles ya need including a cd player, air con, electric windows and it's got a wood finish dash! Very swank. It's currently parked up during the week but this weekend we decided on a whim to go to Cork, then we went to Athlone and back to Dublin this morning, it's great! Next weekend we're heading off again and I honestly don't know where it will end! But I'll keep you informed.

Oh yeah and yes we are still going away the car will be minded by Grandad when we go so don't worry all plans are still moving forward!

No comments: