Thursday, April 06, 2006

Here are a few of my favourite things!

When the dogs bite and the bee's sting I often find it a useful exercise to count my blessings and take pleasure where I can!

I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom at the moment or anything but there are times when sustenance must be taken from the simpe pleasures in life!

sound

So here's my list!

1. My new car!
A bit of a no brainer there I guess but I am really enjoying the fabulous freedom of being able to leave whenever I want!

2. McVities Digestive Biccies
A simple pleasure I grant you but lurvely none the less, especially when dipped in very hot tea until they are soggy but not mushy. Yum!

3. Deal or No Deal
I have become addicted to this TV show, I watch it on More 4 in the evenings while cooking dinner. I got fierce excited this week when one of the contestants (I think it was Emily) nearly won £250,000! She only got £100,000 in the end! Hah I'd take it and be glad! It's a cool show based on nothing more than luck and Noel Edmund's personality! I'm glad he's back on the telly!

4. Planning my trip.
When all else fails I close my eyes and try to imagine I'm in China!

5. Working out.
I didn't think I would ever say this but I love going to Curves in the evenings. I've lost 6 inches so far and can really see my body beginning to tone up, it also brings the reality of leaving closer to home as well as I'm only really going there so I can be big and strong enough to lug a back pack around the world!

6. Cuddling the Boy.
Ah yes he's great at the oul cuddles alright and they always make me feel 100% better. What would I do without him?

7. Having a little cry
This is an odd one but stay with me here! There are times in ones month when having a little cry, whether it's over Cornation Street or stubbing your toe, clears the air and makes it all a little bit easier!

8. Listening to my MP3 player.
Especially when it's on shuffle and I don't know what's going to appear next! It can be anything from Pearl Jam to Bluegrass and all sorts in between!

9. Cooking
Even when I'm shattered and miserable making yummy food and, even better, eating it never fails to make me happy!

10. Going for a long walk
This is a pursuit best attempted at home where the air is clean, the birds sing prettily and there's lots of things to look at, unfortunately it doesn't work so well for me here in the Big Smoke!

11. Blogging/Writing
Although I haven't been writing as much I used to here I find myself still jotting down my thoughts and ideas on scraps of paper in work and then eating them in case they are discovered! (I'm joking, kind of, it's just they don't like any form of self expression in the Bank, and I'd hate at this stage to be found out as an individual, I'd probably get the sack!)

So there you go that's my top 11 it's one better than 10 you know!

1 comment:

Red Mum said...

Mmhhh you've got me thinking about mine, but shush or people will think its a meme:)