Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Culture Vulture

I've spent the last two nights immersing myself in very different and highly entertaining cultural art forms and the thought struck me that the Midlands probably won't offer me such wonders, and I felt sad. But on further consideration although I will more than likely miss opportunities like seeing Glen Hansard play in Christ Church Cathedral in the future the point is that I've done it now and have been doing cool stuff like that for 10 years now so maybe it's time to move on! Besides I have secret plans to stay in hotels and have wild and decedent weekends gorging myself on theatre and gigs and fine dining, not to mention the company of friends! And really and truly that could be fun too!

So as I mentioned we were at the gig in Christchurch on Monday night, and it was brilliant. The setting was as you would expect, very atmospheric. There was beautiful use of light in the church, like this!...

FW:

and the acoustics were amazing!
I really enjoyed the music which was really beautiful and felt very relaxed and happy leaving which is a good thing!

And then tonight we buggied on down in the phat-mobile to the Opera! It was cool! Faust rocks as far as I'm concerned even if the subtitles did break down and I had to make the story up in my head! I loved it anyway! Great production by the way if you fancy going I don't think you'd be disappointed.

As for this weekend Me the boy and the Phat-mobile are heading to the Kingdom! I just hope the weather is nice as we have 5 days in which to entertain ourselves while there! It'll be great to have a break and lie about drinking Guiness! Now that's real culture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new album with Marketa Irglova is really beautiful. I bet it sounded perfect in that setting.

Fi said...

It was beautiful I'm really glad I went. I've just finished listening to the album in the car during a traumatic trip and found it to be sooo soothing. I'd definately recommend it to one and all.