Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Tribute to the Irish Mammy

Following the trials and tribulations which were the FE1's the Lovely Boy and I hit the high road and retreated to the loving arms of his familial demesne which is far from Dublin.

Oh the joy of not being in the city. The bliss of being cared for and looked after by the Boy's lovely mammy. The forgotten forbidden delight in sleeping past 8.30 a.m without guilt, and finally and most importantly the pleasure of the Irish fry every single morning!

I had the most fantastic rest and relaxation for 3 days and even after the gruelling return journey which was not short, I still feel great! I tell you, you can't beat the loving administrations of the Irish Mammy! And the Boy's Mammy is one of the best!

We were both exhausted, emotional, stressed and sullen by Thursday evening and just the mere act of getting out of this fecking city seemed liable to break us. The six pm bus didn't leave until 6.40! It really stretched us to our limit and we finally reached our destination the next day, after a short stop over in my home place which currently resembles a building site! It was a long journey and to be honest we were only fit for lying around and trying not to cry by the time we got there, but now all is well and I am ready and willing to get stuck into living life again as opposed to watching it pass me by from behind a load of stuffy text books! As such I would like to pay tribute to Mary for helping me regain the ability to speak, laugh, think and feel again!

1 comment:

Red Mum said...

Ha, sure dont I know, there is nothing like an Irish mammy!!!

Welcome back to the land of the ehm living...

Hope the exams went well.