Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wayne Rooney's Foot

What was your first thoughts when you saw/heard/read that Rooney had broken his foot?

WR

Did you laugh?

Did you cry?

Did you shake your head in sympathy with the lad?

Or did you spare a thought for Sven Gormless and wonder what he's going to do now without his golden young striker?

I have to say my initial reaction surprised me. I genuinely felt sorry for him. Genuinely.

I'm not a supporter of the English team for various reasons, and as much as it sounds like begrudgery I would really hate to see them win the World Cup, cause we'd never ever hear the end of it again, ever, and that's not something to look forward to. And it has to be acknowledged that despite his youth, his resemblance to Shrek and his ability to run up large debts even though he earns far too much money, Wayne Rooney is a very good footballer. Without him Englands hopes of winning WC are somewhat damaged, but not completely dashed it must also be said, but I can't take any comfort from that.

What's wrong with me? Everyone else I know is grinning in glee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let’s all show The Roon some support. Have a look at Roonometer.co.uk :

www.roonometer.co.uk

Here you can get the latest Rooney news from all over the web, check the Roonometer, send Wayne a good luck message and loads more…

We want Wayne on The World Cup Plane!!!