Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blogging

**Warning! This is yet another post about blogging and the reasons for doing it!

It seems that every once in a couple of weeks at this stage I consider this blogging thing with new eyes! I think it's the nature of the beast to be honest so I'm just going to go with it!

I've been coming here for a year now as I recently mentioned and my approach has changed a little but not a lot! I think I've finally settled into a pattern of blogging I've found my own voice and am comfortable with what I produce here. There was a point just after Christmas where I was beginning to feel a bit pressurised and stressed about blogging! Mad isn't it! But I was. I felt that I had to be interesting, or a bit funny but at all costs I had to post. I've managed to leave that urge behind and not having access to the blog on a daily basis has definately helped me calm down about the whole thing and made it a more enjoyable experience for me as well!

My dad recently commented (in person) to me about my post about my little sis< after a little hmming and tutting he told me that he thought it was very well written! I was thrilled! Over the moon in fact and I felt very proud of myself.

It dawned on me then what I really want to do with this site, I want to write well, make people smile a little with my observations on life, not feel the need to comment on everything and anything that is occuring in the world (there are enough people doing that) and not feel pressure from within or without to do anything more than that!

1 comment:

Red Mum said...

Do what you want how you want here, though I understand the pressure, I am sitting here thinking what am I going to write...

And I am still thinking about my favourite things...