Thursday, March 23, 2006

What a week eh?

Ok I have no doubt that this topic has been discussed ad nauseum in the blogosphere all week but I didn't get a chance to come here until tonight so now it's time for my thoughts on the Recalcitrant Rotweiler of Ranelagh!

It was a weird story wasn't it? I mean we're all used to Mr. McDowell doing his own thing and not really giving a damn for the consequences but here we had a situation where he not only lost his temper, his composure but also let's face it his dignity.

I'm not a big blue shirt fan, and while they may have had fascist leanings in the past (cue Eoin O'Duffy and his marching band) it was a strange and wild use of fantasy to claim that poor mild mannered Richard Bruton (or Brutal the younger if you will) was the next Joseph Goebels. But to wake up the following morning to hear our esteemed Minister for Justice apologising on Morning Ireland really confused my start to the day! I don' t think the presenters really knew what to do with him or his apology!

But then to top it all off he half heartedly apologised also for claiming Green Party supporters were responsible for trashing the PD's headquarters during the recent riots. But I actually don't think he did apologise for that one and it was just smoke and noise to cover the fact that he still things the muesli eating, sandal wearing anarchists were to blame.

He's a bit of an odd fish really isn't he? He appears to the type of man who would fight with his own toe nails if there wasn't anything better to do! And I suppose for a man in his position it does take a lot of courage to admit when you're wrong, we all know it stinks when you get caught out but I really don't think he had another option in this case!

3 comments:

Paige A Harrison said...

That's one way of looking at it. However, I tend to see him as a billy. I don't believe he really loses the rag, I think it is all contrived. So too is his half-hearted apology.

Paige A Harrison said...

Of course, if I could type, I'd call him a bully. Sorry if I offended any unionists!

Fi said...

Ha ha! It's not an uncommon though Paige!