Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Running on Empty

Ever see that film - Running on Empty? It was one of my absoloute favourites as a teenager. It had River Phoenix in it, a James Taylor soundtrack and a teenage love story as well as radical political undertones and overtones! I loved it, I must have watched it at least 20 times! Ah memories.

roe

Anyway it only came to mind cause I feel like I'm running on empty at the mo! But the James Taylor soundtrack in my head will keep me going I just know it will!

Time is ticking by for us. The house is being viewed is attracting some interest but no bloody offers yet, which is beyond frustrating. We have more people coming back for a second look this week and I hope to God somebody decides that they want to live here for definate. At least then we can relax a little knowing that we'll get a decent sum out of the place and can realise our dreams and aspirations! There's a lot riding on this for us you know!

On the other side we're off country bound for the second weekend in a row this Paddy's day, I hope to view the car of my dreams that Daddy dearest has sourced for me and also to do a lot of lying around shouting at rugby games. I can't wait! Wouldn't it be marvellous if we won not only the triple crown but also the Six Nations? I suppose I can dream eh?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love James Taylor... his music makes me happy. It is funny that you say that he helps keep you going - I often listen to his music while working out and running. Best wishes! Check out my page sometime...

Eoin said...

Best of luck with the sale of the gaff. My parents sold their house in Wicklow last year after 6 years of trying and we had plenty of time to think of ways of shifting the thing. My idea was to tell every viewer that they were the 50th person or the 25th return viewer and make a big fuss over them with Hawaian necklaces and by getting the whole family to stand around clapping and chearing when they came in the door.
In the end I think my parents decided they didn't need me help, but I hope you take my advice.