Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Planes, trains and flu like bugs

Grandad Joe was the first to fall foul of the "flu". And it's a bad dose. The poor man was very very ill for a fortnight, delirious, unable to eat or drink, aches, pains, you know the 'flu in all it's glory.

Mother dearest was the next to fall victim. She also graduated to full on chest infection status and denial! Poor mother she's not a good patient!

Now I have something. Not quite the same as Grandad and Mother but yucky all the same. Had the shakes the aches and joint pains on Saturday, followed by the nausea and the stomach aches, and now just have the stomach thing. It's horrible. I feel sorry for myself...

But at least I waited to get ill until after London! It could be worse.

The trip was fantastic. The Lovely Boy got to read what he needed to read, the sun shone and it felt like early summer. I met up with some college friends which is something I should have done a long time ago. We ate well, discussed important issues (ranging from the pressing issue of whether Jade Goody is a bad person or just terminally stupid and carbon footpirnts. We're an eclectic bunch!) It was fun.

Photos are on Flickr (see link) if you like to see what I saw. Here's a sample...

Colossos
Egyptian archaeology in the British Museum.

Camden Market
Some classical busking in Camden Market

Hyde Park, London
I was amazed at how close people were getting to the swans in Hyde Park. I was under the impression that swans are pretty to look at but vicious when approached. I kept my distance anyway 'cause I'm a coward! But the kid in the red hat was loving it!

2 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

I have managed to escape this hirrid flu, it has made its rounds through our office. Hope you are feeling better and glad to hear the trip went well.

Fi said...

thanks! It seems like the whole world is sick at the moment!