Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Should I stay or should I go now?

I've just been flicking around my blog rolling list and have noticed that quite a few of my stalwarths have gone very very quiet or have disappeared altogether. What's going on in the Irish Blogosphere?

I found it difficult myself there for a while but have taken a huge step back and now care less and less about stats and visitors, (unless they leave a nice comment for me). I'm blogging for myself and generally not for an audience. I find that as I can't be here everyday it has become more difficult to comment on events of the day, or interesting news stories as they have usually passed into archive status by the time I get around to writing about them, I have lots of saved and unpublished posts to prove it! But that doesn't really bother me as I was always a little uncomfortable about adding my two cents worth, I can't understand why anyone should care what I think anyway! However the best thing about blogging I've found is that I now have a written reference for different stages of my life over the last year and a bit. Not everything has been included here and in fact recently a big crappy unhappy thing hasn't even been mentioned, but I know it's happened and I know I don't need to record anything about it. Besides it's over and this is supposed to be a happy place where I can play!

But I have to come to realise that blog pages have their own time span and usefulness. I will be abandoning here while I travel, although I have every intention of trying to record a taste of my adventures on another page, I wonder will I care enough to come back here when I return? Life moves on and I may too. But at least I'll have a record for posterity!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whatever ya do don't stop blogging! I enjoy popping in here once in a while to hear what's going on!