Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What do we do now?

Mmmm I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with myself now that the World cup is over? Was there life before hand? I think there was but it all seems like a very distant memory now and is definately sepia toned when I try to remember!

It was a great month of football, despite the fact that diving dominated a lot of the focus and no great talent emerged to wow us with his high scoring abilities. It was a tournament for the old guard, for those on their last legs in the game, at the end of their careers or even at the pinnacle of them (I'm thinking of the lovely Cannavaro), but it was definately an entertaining month!

WORLDCUP Germany 9

I'm glad Italy won, I'm sorry France lost as I was rooting for them, and I'm even more sorry that Zidane has ended his career in the manner that he did, but then he doesn't strike me as being a sentimentalist and he thought about head butting Matterazzi before actually doing it, so he must have realised in those few seconds of maddness that there would be consequences for his actions... I wonder what was said to him, I sincerely doubt that we'll ever really be sure, but whatever it was he reacted and he paid the price.

But back to my original question, what I am supposed to do now? Answers on a postcard please!

No comments: