Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's a feckin menagerie

It's been an odd few weeks around here it you're of the animal variety.

Firstly I have to announce the sad and untimely dissappearance of Paddy.

Paddy was/is our loveable, cuddlyable, adorable black and white pussy cat, who loved everyone and even inspired a local artist to paint him. Paddy was involved in an unfortunate incident about 5 years ago where he managed to lose his tail. He survived the trauma however and managed to live a very full and happy existence and it was decided by one and all that knew him that he probaly hadn't noticed it was gone, as he wasn't really the brightest animal around. However he's been looking off colour recently and we were waiting for the little bro to make an appearance before bringing him to the vet - just in case something bad had to happen to him. Little bro turned up, Paddy sat on everyone's lap in turn, left the house and hasn't returned, we think he was waiting for the bro to come home too so he could say his last goodbyes.... Poor Padso we miss him.

On other news, the Boscoeenies are now impossibly cute as the following photos bare witness...

IMG_0227

IMG_0233

IMG_0236

I had to take them to the vet last week as they had sore eyes, and am now denoted their saviour as they would have gone blind if I hadn't so kudos to me! But they are gorgeous one of them (whom I affectionately have called Septic) still has a sore eye but I'm minding her and she should be fine.

As for something completely different our local friendly hedgehog paid us a visit last night...

IMG_0241
He got himself into a spot of difficulty...

IMG_0242
Don't worry Fiona Doolittle came to the rescue! I've never been that close to a hedgehog before and to my surprise discovered that they can move very quickly when they want!

And to round the animal update up last week a magpie dropped dead at the back door. I have no pictures cause it didn't seem right but according to Ro it panted a bit first and then just keeled over and died. Very weird.

I'm living in a fecking mad house, with a wacky family and crazed animals! No wonder my sanity is slipping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Good for you on the animal rescue front ...

But, a magpie drops dead and you don't give a thought to avian 'flu'??? Wake up, girl!

Fi said...

It did cross my mind but I decided bird's have to die sometime too and I wasn't going to mention the flu thing and possibly start a panic about it!

Mike said...

Now aren't those Boscoeenies goregeous!! They must exist to keep you madly sane, the best way to be.