Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My amazing exploding ear...

I was due to leave this fog bound, saturated wind blown rock on the 14th of December.

Due to reasons outside of my control but within my sphere of knowledge the decision was taken not to fly.

On the 12th of December I was sent to A&E to get puss (thats the nicest word for it honestly) sucked out of my ear.

I was told by every member of my mother's family that God didn't want me to leave and that was his way of telling me.

What does this make God? I can think of a few choice phrases that I won't repeat here for fear of drawing his wrath further on me.

And what does it make me? Psychic? Unlucky? A Physical wreck who is too crap to successfully leave once she has finally settled on a plan and a date of leaving? Or maybe I was actually just lucky, as it turns out I was needed here this weekend and in all honestly if I had been away would probably have come home anyway.

So the moral of the story is don't try to leave your family before christmas cause God will stop you. Amen.

1 comment:

Eoin said...

Yes they are insanely weird comments alright. I'm afraid I'm going to disband my blog. Its getting a bit boring bashing poor Damien and Glen all the time. You shouldn't pick on easy targets.

I'm heading off to Rome at the weekend and will definetly check out Ostia Antica on the basis of your recommendation. Hope you enjoy the festive season.